I would like to thank everyone who has started following me here over the years. “That’s Not Southern Gothic” was born from the back of a semi-truck sleeper cab on America’s highways… Most people didn’t even seem to know I was the one writing it. Most of the works that were once here have been taken down to be circulated elsewhere.
I am excited to let y’all know about new things I’ve got cooking. First of all, as before, you can see a list of my published works at www.jeremyrayjewell.com
I also now have a Patreon account: www.patreon.com/jeremyrayjewell
My Patreon subscribers can help me continue to produce works such as my critical essays, my poetry featured previously on “That’s Not Southern Gothic”, and much more. “Reader” level subscribers ($10 a month) gain access to all of my works, unpublished and previously published. That includes poetry and prose, fiction and non-fiction.
It is very important to me that I create a group of readers who are engaged and who follow me in my future projects. Your financial support is only part of realizing that goal. In the future, as my reader, you can expect to see the following projects from me:
- New blog on folklore from a psychoanalytically-informed and class-conscious perspective
- Serialized novels
- Physically published and commercially available poetry chapbook
- Works of Spanish-English translation
- Critical essays on in-depth topics of arts and culture with my signature style of critique
- Collaborations with other artists from around the world
- A new lease on life for “That’s Not Southern Gothic”, focused on recounting subaltern stories of real American life
Please consider becoming a Patreon subscriber so you can help make these things a reality.
Jeremy Ray Jewell